Other ways to play with your train table!
September 15, 2018
We know that as kids grow, their interests change. Even if your child is still a big train fan, their train table can still come in handy for many other things! We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite “other uses” which can be a helpful space saver!
- Train tables are perfect for family game night. It’s a great way to keep all game pieces together and not take up table space if someone else is trying to cook dinner! 😉 Another plus is not having to finish an entire game in one night. We all know those board games that can take hours to finish… so if you start a game and someone is getting sleepy, you can leave it out and finish it later!
- These tables are a great construction space for building toys like Lincoln Logs, Legos, or Tinker Toys… we all know that most works of art can’t be constructed in a day! Now you won’t have to worry about cleaning up the mess right away and can admire your masterpiece before having to destroy it!
- Speaking of not getting in the way… what about puzzles*?! Regardless of their size, we know it can be a hassle to keep track of puzzle pieces and worry about vacuuming up small pieces. Train tables offer the perfect solution and you also won’t have to figure out something to do with it right after finishing! It’s always a debate in our house as to whether we’re going to glue and frame it or just destroy it, but now you’ll have a spot for it until you decide! *Junction Hobbies and Toys has an AMAZING selection of puzzles!!
- Dominos! Do kids ever play with dominos anymore?? If not, now is the time to teach them! Create the longest domino effect you can without fear of it getting stepped on and watch in awe as it topples to the ground!
- Arts and crafts -bring out all things messy! Paper, markers, glue, scissors, play doh… you name it! Better to do it on this train table than your kitchen table!
What other ideas have you tried with an old train table? We’d love to hear them! Shoot a message or let us know on our facebook page!