6 Perfect Picnic Tips
June 23, 2015
Spring is the perfect time for picnics! While you can’t pack a BAD picnic, we can help you pack a great one!
- Store water in a collapsible bottle–They’re 80% lighter than the hard-plastic variety.
- Pack crushable food (think chips) in zip-top bags filled with air to create a cushion and prevent crushing.
- Pack double-duty items, like a sandwich sleeve that doubles as a place mat or napkin!
- Pack casual foods, preferably sandwiches or other things you can eat without utensils. Check out the 10 Perfect Picnic Sammies Here.
- Consider packing moist towelettes when you don’t have access to running water, these make it easy to wash up after eating!
- Mayonnaise or other ingredients that may spoil in the heat. Go for vinegar-based salads and spreads, which keep well in the cooler and shave a few calories, to! Like pasta salads, with Italian dressings or vinegar and olive oil.