T-E-A-M Building Opportunities
April 21, 2017
Everyone needs a way to beat the office blues and team building is a wonderful way to build comradery, reduce workplace stress, and have a good time. Not only do workmates get to know each other outside of work, but team bonding equals team building and can lead to a stronger workforce. Here are some examples of activities for you and your coworkers to try:
- Volunteer. Volunteering is a terrific way for people to come together and help those in need and feel good while doing it! You might try volunteering at a homeless shelter or participate in habitat for humanity. There are so many ways to get involved and Volunteer Match can help find the perfect fit!
- Take a class together. It could be a cooking class, a painting night, or something completely out of the ordinary. Learning together and expressing creativity is a unique way to try something new. Some examples include The Learning Kitchen or Pinot’s Palette.
- Go to a sporting event or go be active! Create some team spirit by cheering on your hometown sports team or create some competition of your own with a round of putt putt, go karts, golf, or basketball! Top Golf, Full Throttle, and Bubble Ball are prime examples of these.
- Escape Rooms have been popular in the last couple of years and there are plenty to choose from! They are the ultimate team building experience that combines teamwork, strategy, working together, communication, and solving puzzles… for FUN! Escape the Room Challenge is right next door to EnterTRAINment Junction which offers meeting rooms and combination packages for your special team building event!
- City Scavenger Hunt. These are becoming increasingly more popular… you can create your own scavenger hunt with a list of things for people to find around the city (must have photo evidence, of course!) or use a site like scavengerhunt.com or https://www.strayboots.com/ to explore different places and see new things.Now that you have some ideas… what are you most likely to try? Let us know in the comments! Not only will you and you coworkers have a great time, but you’ll have a more positive and stronger work environment to go along with it! Happy bonding!