All Aboard – 5 reasons to build your own model railroad!
May 2, 2017
Model Railroading is a unique craft and hobby suited for all ages. Some people have spent their whole lives collecting trains all the while building and maintaining the perfect layout. Then there are little ones who have watched in awe, waiting for the day they too could have their very own train set Here are our top 5 reasons why you should take up model railroading as a hobby:
- Model railroading can be family oriented. A lot of times the love of a hobby is passed down from generation to generation and provides a unique bond between grandparent, parent, and child. Families can get involved and participate together in creating a layout that’s their very own. What’s better than to spend quality time with your child doing something you both love?!
- It teaches various construction skills and crafts such as designing a layout, construction, and learning the art to model railroading such as building scenery or decorating cars.
- Shhh! Don’t tell the kids, but there is educational value! You can learn a lot from railroads such as how they influenced and impacted the history of our country., engineering, mechanics, what trains transport, and economics!
- Everyone should have a hobby…something they enjoy doing in their spare time. And this is the perfect hobby because it incorporates and involves all sorts of things- design, art, AND it gets your creative juices flowing.
- It’s fun! Need I say more? You can build your own city entirely of your imagination and make the track to go in any direction you choose… just wait until it’s all done and you can sit back and watch the trains chugging along to your handiwork!
If this has convinced you to start your young one into model railroading or even start a layout for yourself, EnterTRAINment Junction is here to help! With two miles of track and 90 trains running, you will be inspired walking through the world’s largest indoor model train display… Junction Hobbies also has you covered with everything you need to get started. Be on the lookout for a follow up article next week about how to start your own layout!